About Us

Sabah Softwoods Berhad (SSB) was incorporated in 1973 and commenced operations the subsequent year. SSB was originally held by Yayasan Sabah (now Innoprise Corporation Sdn Bhd - ICSB) and North Borneo Timbers Bhd (NBT) in the proportion of 60% and 40% respectively. In 1997, ICSB acquired the shares held by NBT and SSB became a wholly owned subsidiary for a short span until SSB acquired Tawau Plywood Manufacturing Sdn Bhd (TPMSB). The acquisition of TPMSB involved issuance of new SSB shares and consequently ICSB's shareholdings were diluted to 70% whilst the remaining 30% are held by vendors of TPMSB.

Over the years, the Company has diversified its activities by entering into a joint venture for the construction and operation of a Crude Palm Oil (CPO) Mill with equity of 40% (become 51% in 2014) in Regional Harvest Sdn. Bhd. In 2004, SSB was offered a 30% stake to participate in another joint venture namely K.M. Hybrid Plantation Sdn. Bhd. to develop 1000 hectares for planting of Acacia Mangium Hybrid trees.

To add value for our Timber product and operation, SSB has obtained Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and Chain of Custody (COC) in 2007. To sustain an effective income generator, in 2010 SSB has launch its first wholly owned CPO Mill situated at Kapilit with the capacity of 45Mt/hour and currently upgraded its operation to 90Mt/hour. Kapilit Palm Oil Mill is the first of its kind in Sabah and second in Malaysia that met all Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB) licensing requirement. Apart from solidification of the internal operation, in 2011, SSB entered into a Joint Venture Agreement with All Cosmo Industries Sdn Bhd to establish a fertilizer plant at the Palm Oil Industrial Cluster (POIC) Lahad Datu under a joint venture company called Sabah Softwoods Hybrid Fertilizer Sdn Bhd.

With the rapid booming of biomass industry, SSB with the CPO Mill, Kapilit has launched the Dried Long Fiber Plant in 2013. Simultaneously, in 2014 again SSB has entered to the renewable energy initiatives by establishing Biogas Plant. The plant is able to generate 1.2MW of power which would be sufficient to supply electricity to the mill housing and Kapilit Estate.

Corporate Profile
About Us
Corporate Structure
Organization Structure
Board of Directors
Management Executives
Drivers: Vision & Mission
Corporate Milestone
Awards & Recognition